The objective of the ENPARD Armenia Programme is to support the Government of Armenia in ensuring an efficient and sustainable agriculture, contributing to better conditions in rural areas of Armenia.
The ‘Technical Assistance to the Ministry of Agriculture’ component, which is implemented by UN Food and Agriculture Organization, provides technical assistance to Armenia in four key areas, which are in line with EU assistance priorities and will contribute directly to achieving the Eastern Partnership key objective of reducing economic and social disparities:
- institutional development and policy harmonization support;
- agricultural production and sustainable natural resources use and management;
- improving rural capacities and infrastructure;
- agricultural census and statistical development.
The Ministry of Agriculture and other line institutions at both centralized and decentralized levels (Ministry of Territorial Administration and Emergency Situations, Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Finance and Agricultural Support Regional Centres) are the main partners of the project.Farmers, farmers´ cooperatives and associations, rural families and stakeholders from the private sector are the ultimate beneficiaries of the project.
FAO’s technical assistance will help deliver the following outputs:
- Improve the institutional and capacity development of Government stakeholders in order to implement a well-structured policy in the agriculture and rural sectors.
- Support access to available and affordable food by sustainably increasing agricultural productivity as well as by a better management of land.
- Support to the rollout of a general agricultural census as well as support to better agriculture statistics.
- Support capacity building on Disaster Risk Reduction
ENPARD project office
4/6 Tigran Mets Avenue
0010 Yerevan, Armenia
Tel./Fax.: (+374) 60 757 507